Make your mark
Aqua is now accepting applications for its 2012 internship program. Our PR Internship program offers hands-on experience in the public relations field to talented, highly-motivated self-starters. Interns at Aqua can expect to participate in all aspects of company operations to gain real-world business exposure and networking opportunities while working as part of a close-knit team in a positive, constructive and relaxing work environment.
The PR Intern assists in strategic campaign planning; prepares and distributes public relations, marketing and advertising materials; conducts research; assembles material for clients; assists in the preparation of account reports, and responds to day-to-day administrative requests.
Essential PR Duties
1. Assists in preparing and distributing public relations, marketing and advertising materials [traditional press releases, media advisories, media kits, social media and website updates, emails, speeches, schedules, surveys and reports, graphic design materials and advertising]. Task includes copywriting, editing and proofreading copy.
2. Prepares and maintains accurate and up-to-date publicity email and mailing lists; mails pamphlets, media kits, booklets and other material to interested parties.
3. Assists in preparing annual reports, pamphlets and other reports related to public relations and community activities by compiling, gathering and proofreading data.
4. Gathers, categorizes and organizes media advisories, and maintains files of newspaper, radio, television and internet research.
5. Assists in arranging for and taking part in special community activities on the company’s behalf.
6. Makes regular contacts with the general public, clients and the media.
7. Utilizes monitoring services for the purpose of tracking, compiling and distributing the News Updates to clients.
8. Answers telephones and e-mails; responds to the general public or clients and refers questions or problems regarding media advisories or publicity releases to supervisor.
9. Maintains company website content, computer files, databases and lists of relevant groups (e.g. media) and generates electronic reports.
10. Conducts online research regarding media and publicity activities, as directed.
11. Tracks and monitors contract invoices and other costs.
12. Performs related duties as assigned.
PR Internship Requirements
Degree/Focus: Communications, Public Relations, English/Journalism, Graphic Design or related field preferred.
Hours: M-F 9 am – 3 pm or 10 am – 4 pm (Hours Flexible). Minimum three days per week required.
Basic knowledge of: Procedures used in preparing and distributing publicity and public information materials.
Ability to: Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, with the public, other personnel, clients and agencies, and deal courteously, effectively and tactfully with the general public and community organizations and groups.
Skill to: Use Microsoft Office software applications to facilitate public relations activities. This includes experience using Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint at a minimum, and assisting with online research and maintaining databases. Graphic Design experience also preferred.
Aqua’s PR Interns are paid a weekly stipend.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume, references and samples of work in electronic format only to firstname.lastname@example.org.